Thursday 26 May 2016

A Roombox and other Lovelies!


Hello everyone

I hope you are all well.  Thank you so much for your lovely comments on my last post.  I'm afraid I haven't done anything with Fox Manor since - shame!  Anyway, a big welcome to my new followers and thank you all for looking :)



I thought I would just put up a photo of an open corner roombox I made for a lovely lady called Shirley who sells and makes miniature wall hangings and carpets/rugs.  The links to her Etsy shops are:
https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/WhimsyWooMiniatures
https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/WhimsyWooDesigns

The beautiful wallpaper is by Les Chinoiseries.  I used a couple of toning paints so the paper would not be too overpowering.  I have a real wood floor and used a fireplace and overmantle by Jim Coates with a false door to balance out the scene.  I think it looks very elegant, but more importantly, Shirley loved it too!


And now for something completely different!!

I  have also been making some framed, personalised items for my daughter's friend as thank you gifts to her bridal party.....I've been busy :)  I know; maybe I'm just making excuses for not working on my Manor ;)  Obviously I couldn't post pictures until after the wedding :)

 I have some pictures below of what I made.  It was a big wedding, so I had eight gifts for the bridal party, four for the adult bridesmaids and four for the little flowergirls, and one for the mother of the bride as well.   The last picture is a gift I made for the bride and groom from me!  You couldn't meet a nicer couple.  My signature style - flowers and pearls!  I made the flowers from paper to tone with the bridal colour scheme.









These were a sample of the adult gifts.





These were for the flowergirls.



And one for the Bride and Groom.  I wrote the verse especially for them!





I have made a few things for my daughters, but I'll not bore you with them now.  I'll save that for another post!  I may not have blogged in a while, but I have been creating!!  I find when I'm not well that making things is very therapeutic.  I get a great sense of achievement and satisfaction.

All the best and take care.
Vivian













19 comments:

  1. Hello vivan,
    The roombox is beasutiful! It really is elegant and beautifully finished! the frames you made are such a lovely idea. they are very charming and are such a nice way to remember a special day. Wishing the couple all the best!
    Big hug
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Giac,
    Thank you so much for your lovely comments. I have to say I am very pleased with the way everything turned out. I do love trying new things.
    All the best
    Vivian

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all that corner room is beautiful. The colours are so elegant and versatile. I love the balance of the door that you added.

    And I also love all the wedding gifts. The recipients will treasure these always. You HAVE been busy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carol, I may not have blogged for a long time, but I wasn't idle!

      Delete
  4. Hi Vivian! The room box is very elegant and well done! And with Weddings there is never enough time to get Everything done! Your gifts are lovely mementos they will have forever! I am sure you will work more on the Manor when Time allows. Sometimes we need breaks in those big projects in order to think and re-charge the energies! I look forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comments! I think that's actually what's happened. I need to step back a bit from my Manor for a while to just get my inspiration and gusto back!

      Delete
  5. Hi Vivian! Your room box is elegant and also beautiful to see, all is well balanced, it really is great work! Your wedding gifts are lovely momentos, I'm sure that they will cherish these forever.
    You say that you haven't the time for working on the Manor, well I guess here it's a bit of the same thing: too busy with other things ;)!!
    Kind regards, Ilona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Ilona, thank you for your lovely comments! Although I think your projects are just jaw-droppingly exquisite!! :)

      Delete
  6. Hi Vivian
    You have created a beautiful roombox. I love the wallpaper you have used and the subtle colours are very classical. Your personalized wedding gifts are also really lovely, and it's so nice to see what else up get up to besides miniatures.
    Take care
    Jayne c

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jayne. I love to give all sorts of crafts a go! Right now I'm finding making these types of gifts very satisfying. :)
      All the best
      Vivian

      Delete
  7. The roombox is lovely. That's the beauty of these individual scenes, you can determine the size and really appreciate the proportions which is sometimes not possible in a room measuring 8" high! The personalised gifts are lovely too. A nice way to keep crafting and creating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Irene. It's great to give all crafts a wee go! I'm game to try anything!!
      All the best
      Vivian

      Delete
  8. I absolutely adore my beautiful room box that Vivian made for me. She pays such great attention to detail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shirley, it was a pleasure to deal with you! I am honestly delighted with the way the room box turned out, but so delighted that you were happy too!
      All the best
      Vivian

      Delete
  9. Hi, Vivian!
    I love your blog. I always admire your work! Whatever you do, different elegance and sophistication!
    All the best
    Tatiana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah Tatiana
      Thank you so much for your lovely comments! I am so glad you enjoy my blog....
      All the best
      Vivian

      Delete
  10. Oh V!
    After your message you left I thought I hadn't seen much from you so I checked out you blog and for some unknown reason I wasn't following you any more!! I am so sorry, I have no idea how that happened! I changed some of google account details but I didn't think it had had any affect on who I followed!!
    Anyway, I'm back now and looking forward to catching up...
    Si X

    ReplyDelete